OaT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OaT - Olympians and Titans Dynasty Football

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orions Belt

1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation Empty
PostSubject: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:08 pm

I was wondering if we can get the 1st round picks salary separated from the auction price now? I assume the auction price would just go in as a salary adjustment.

example:

pick 1.01 - auction price: $12,100,000
pick 1.01 - salary: $2,850,000

pick 1.01 would now have a tradeable salary of $2.85M and the salary adjustment would be the difference of the two: $9,250,000

hopefully that makes sense. Although it is a bit of a catch 22. Making this change would allow me to trade for other draft picks, but it would not allow me to trade for many players.

What are the thoughts on this?

Jeremy, Orion's Belt
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 pm

This will be done. We are still trying to figure out exactly when to separate them. You will be allowed to trade the 2 items separate or together once they are entered. If you come to an agreement on a trade before we do the adjusting just put a detailed explanation in the comment section. ie this trade only includes the contract portion and not the additional bid amount or vice versa or both combined. We will also confirm with both parties before the trade is processed for these 1st round picks. Good to go
Back to top Go down
https://oatdynasty.forumotion.com
Orions Belt

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Sounds good. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Spartacus Smash

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 pm

I don't think it would be fair to the teams in the league that don't own a first round draft pick to open up cap room for those that do until after the Rookie draft IMO.

if you credit the cash for those picks now you potentially open up a lot of cash for just a few teams who then can use that cap to feast on other teams looking to or needing to shed players.

I mean if you give me credit for my 9 picks your giving me over 10mil in cap room before the rookie draft starts. Not sure thats a good thing for the league till after the draft.
Back to top Go down
Orions Belt

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Shawn, we won't get money freed up until next offseason. The auction bid would just be separated from the salary value of that given pick.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus Smash

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:04 pm

not true, if we get salary credit for our first round pick that money drops off our current roster and drops to the Draft pick set salaries. Thats almost a average of 2mil per first round draft pick.

The only way that salary then moves back to our active rosters is if we promote the players we draft from taxi to the active roster. So for me, thats about 15million dollars if I don't promote anyone I draft to my active roster.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:53 pm

The portion of the bid that is above the rookie salary in the pay table in the bylaws will be considered a salary adjustment for the complete first season. after the first season the salary adjustments will drop off but the base salary (via the rookie pay scale) will still apply for the full length of the contract. So you will have the same amount of cap it will just be listed on 2 separate lines. So bottom line is the cap space will remain the same. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 am

ok it is done. If you trade the pick then the appropriate base salary will go with it. The salary adjustment portion is separate. The 10 million dollars you are referring to is the base salary for each one of your first rounders. If you are trading salary adjustments in a trade please be VERY detailed in the comment section of the trade. Good to go

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spartacus Smash

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:24 am

exactly what I was talking about. Now I have 18mil to work with. I'll take it though, just thought it would be more fair for the rest of the league for this to be done after the draft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation   1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Round Pick Salary and Action Bid separation
Page 1 of 1