OaT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OaT - Olympians and Titans Dynasty Football

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....

Go down 
+5
Leonidas of Sparta
Camulus
Zeus
Admin
Spartacus Smash
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spartacus Smash

Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... Empty
PostSubject: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Why we don't start the draft tomorrow when most guys have more time then any other day of the week is beyond me.

Suggestion;

Start the draft right now (with NO timer) and give everyone the weekend to pick and make trades. No timer puts no pressure on anyone to make a pick if they don't want to and even gives guys plenty of time to work trades as guys make picks. To start the draft Tuesday 12am and the 4th of July being Wed just doesn't make sense. I would sat start the draft tonight but leave the timer off. Activate the timer Thursday when the holiday is over to avoid conflict of guys that may be out of town. Or hell, don't activate the timer till next weekend. The last draft I was in was done with no timer and was finished in 9 days and there we're a ton of trades made. No one took advantage of the fact there was no timer and I don't see that being a issue with this group either.

Sure would make for a fun and active weekend when there seems to be nothing else going on.

Smash
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm

If everyone wants to do this we can. Next year dates will be firm. Post here if u want to.
Back to top Go down
https://oatdynasty.forumotion.com
Zeus

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm okay with this. It worked well in the other league and there were trades galore. What else do we have if we finish in a day. 2 months worth of waiting for injuries and such. Let it roll.
Back to top Go down
Camulus

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Do it
Back to top Go down
Leonidas of Sparta

Leonidas of Sparta

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm fine with starting it now. I'm fine with starting it when ever to be quite honest. As for timers we shouldn't need them, but if a team repeatedly goes over 24 hours then something will need to be done. Teams should know when they are picking and be prepared to either make a selection or make a deal in a timely fashion and not be eating up 24 plus hours. That's my 2 cent opinion/thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Reaper of Tartarus

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Reaper and Gladiators say roll it !!!
Back to top Go down
Orions Belt

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:03 am

I'm away all weekend with limited internet access. I can make my first pick but will be very limited after that, and would like to do a little wheeling and dealing. Waiting til Monday evening works best for me, but I'm only one owner so I don't want to cause a ruckus.
Back to top Go down
Julius Caesar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 am

There should be a time limit. I'm been in a few drafts with no timers and there have been some guys that went over 24 hours. I'm mean c'mon if you can't make a pick or trade in 24 hours then you've got some serious issues. But that being said, really no matter what time frame you put on it, there really is no timer for someone who wants to go over 24 hours. It's just that after 24 hrs, if you haven't done the next guy goes on the clock. Then whenever you want to make your pick you can. This way it works out for everyone. If someone wants to procrastinate that's fine, but then he could potentially lose the player he wants. IMHO the 24 hour clock is more than enough time to work out a deal or make the pick, I mean it really works out the best for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrja

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 am

Good either way
Back to top Go down
Orions Belt

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:07 am

I agree that there shouldn't be timers. I think it worked really well when we did this before.
Back to top Go down
Julius Caesar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:08 am

Orionsbelt wrote:
I'm away all weekend with limited internet access. I can make my first pick but will be very limited after that, and would like to do a little wheeling and dealing. Waiting til Monday evening works best for me, but I'm only one owner so I don't want to cause a ruckus.

Well if you really can't this weekend, then we should start it on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Orions Belt

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:10 am

I'm supposed to be headed out right now, but jumped on here. Wife is starting to give me "the eye". Still gotta pack.

I'm sure I can find a way to check in nights if we do need to start. I really wanted to get my hands on the 1.03 pick, but obviously didn't understand the rules...

I'm fine to start if everyone needs to.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:23 am

orion please txt me. or get on chat if you can so we can figure this out.
Back to top Go down
https://oatdynasty.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....   Start the Rookie Draft ASAP.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start the Rookie Draft ASAP....
Page 1 of 1